“12 Step Auto Shipping Guide”
1. You may have searched for “auto transport quote” on a search engine. Then you submitted your information for free quotes on a website.
2. You will receive emails of quotes from transport companies. Check your junk email folder as a lot of emails may end up there.
3. Most companies will call you when THEY want to call you, and not necessarily when you want them to call. Matter of fact a lot of companies will call you for weeks in the future trying to get your order. Our policy at Aaall States is NOT to call and bother you as we understand your time is valuable to you. You may call the Aaall States Auto Transport Specialist on your email when YOU ARE READY!
4. Eventually, you will decide which company that you want to use and you will then place an order with them.
5. That company will place your order on the national load board for the drivers to look at. All transport companies use the same load board. There are approximately 15,000 to 20,000 vehicles listed on the load board on a daily basis, depending on the time of year and the supply and demand of vehicles in your route.
6. When a carrier is ready for their next trip, the drivers will look at the load board. If the driver wants your order, the carrier will claim the order by calling the broker company that you booked with.
7. At Aaall States, our dispatchers will verify that the carrier who claims your order is reputable, has legal DOT authority, and has current cargo insurance to protect you in case the vehicle is damaged during transport.
8. A company dispatcher will then call and tell you that a truck has claimed your order and will give you the ESTIMATED pickup and delivery dates.
9. The carrier will then contact you to set up your vehicle estimated pickup and delivery dates.
10. Make sure that inspections of your vehicle are completed, at the time of pickup and at the delivery of your vehicle.
11. Pay the carrier their fee when they deliver your vehicle and not at the time of picking up the vehicle.
12. THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP: ONLY PAY A DEPOSIT TO THE BROKER AFTER THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN PICKED UP BY THE CARRIER AND NOT BEFORE. DO NOT PAY A DEPOSIT WHEN JUST PLACING YOUR ORDER!